Chicken and broccoli bowl
- 1 bag frozen Green Broccoli (300g)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1½ teaspoons dried Italian herb seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- Heat the broccoli in the microwave according to the package directions (this takes 5 to 8 minutes).
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan; turn off heat and stir in the couscous, ¾ teaspoon Italian herb seasoning, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. Cover the saucepan and let the couscous steam until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large (preferably nonstick) skillet over medium heat. As the skillet heats up, season the chicken with the remaining ¾ teaspoon Italian herb seasoning, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper. Spread the chicken out evenly in the hot pan and cook until done, about 4 to 6 minutes, flipping once. (To check for doneness, cut a piece in half and make sure there is no pink.)
- Get out 4 bowls; spread the couscous on the bottom of each bowl, then add the broccoli and top with the chicken. Serve hot or cool to room temperature and refrigerate to enjoy as lunches throughout the week (they reheat well in the microwave).
- serves 4
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.